[U-Boot] [ANN] git server, FTP server

thomas.langer at lantiq.com thomas.langer at lantiq.com
Wed Jul 15 11:32:34 CEST 2015

Hello Wolfgang,

Wolfgang Denk wrote on 2015-07-15:

> 2. For some time now, we provide not only the classic FTP server for
>    download of the U-Boot release tarballs, but also a public
>    directory in the Amazon Cloud Drive [1].  The ACD is supposed to
>    provide much better connectivity (especially for non-european
>    users) and much higher download rates.
>
>    So far, I have received zero feedback about this.  I would like to
>    hear about your experiences (good and bad), and what you think
>    about dropping the FTP server completely.

In addition to the mail from Andy:

I tried to find a way to download a file with wget or a similar tool, which
would be used by a distribution builder (like Yocto, Buildroot, OpenWrt, ...).
Up to now I failed, as the download button depends on javascript and the
generated download link for the file [1] has no indication of the file name
(and because of "templink" inside I am also not sure, how constant this would be).

If somebody can provide a way to download the tarballs by name from a
command line I would accept the ACD as a replacement.
Otherwise I would prefer a server (like ftp) with some kind of stable URLs.

Best Regards,
Thomas

[1] https://content-na.drive.amazonaws.com/cdproxy/templink/No5u9y7HLlaVIEwnz3VGucNfORmh8RrskPQGcuDGFkkE0Xnc3?download=true