[U-Boot] [ANN] git server, FTP server

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 15 14:51:34 CEST 2015

Dear Thomas,

In message <593AEF6C47F46446852B067021A273D6FBC788CC at MUCSE037.lantiq.com> you wrote:

> I tried to find a way to download a file with wget or a similar tool, which
> would be used by a distribution builder (like Yocto, Buildroot, OpenWrt, ...).

Why would any build environment use tarballs?  can you not just
reference the git repository?  This is much more efficient, IMHO.

> Up to now I failed, as the download button depends on javascript and the
> generated download link for the file [1] has no indication of the file name
> (and because of "templink" inside I am also not sure, how constant this would be).

Sorry, I cannot say much about this.

> If somebody can provide a way to download the tarballs by name from a
> command line I would accept the ACD as a replacement.

There is tools like acd_cli.py (on github) which also allow a FUSE
mount on ACD data, so there are other options for fancy uses.  But I
don't know if (or how) these would work with shared data.

> Otherwise I would prefer a server (like ftp) with some kind of stable URLs.

Well, the ACD URLs _are_ stable, just not really conveniend to use
from the command line.

Thanks for your input.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
That Microsoft, the Trabant of the operating  system  world,  may  be
glancing  over the Berlin Wall at the Audis and BMWs and Mercedes. In
their own universe Trabants and Ladas were mainstream too...
                                                   -- Evan Leibovitch