[U-Boot] [ANN] git server, FTP server

Bin Meng bmeng.cn at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 15:16:41 CEST 2015

Hi Wolfgang,

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 8:35 PM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> Dear Bin,
>
> In message <CAEUhbmUXS5DE_un0fvJo+cAwALFP-1Gu1J+Ra_wpLypJfO0e_Q at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>>
>> Is the U-Boot mailing list hosted on the same machine as git? Will
>> this move also fix the mailing list occasional hiccup issue?
>
> Yes, at the moment this is on the same, old and slow machine.
> We will move services one by one, the mailing lists are next after
> git.  And yes, this is also supposed to help with the mailing list
> issues.
>
>> > [1] https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/IvfObauv9EsZau4GLr7i6BsLX5Zh8THmHXDiOGSLLkh?ref_=cd_share_link_copy
>>
>> I just downloaded several tarballs from ACD. Looks the download speed
>> is OK for me (average 200KB/s).
>
> Ouch, that's awfully slow.  Are you sure the bottleneck is on the ACD
> side?  How fast is your link usually?

I have a 15Mbps bandwidth link to the internet. Is the ACD supposed to
choose wherever the nearest download site to the downloader for better
speed? The reason that I felt it is OK for me, is that for the
original ftp.denx.de I could only get average 30KB/s when loading a
tarball. Thus I am thankful for the new ACD :)

Regards,
Bin