[U-Boot] [RFC] lib/fdtdec: Fix compiling warning for debug

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Thu Jul 16 18:40:37 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 16 July 2015 at 01:01, Albert ARIBAUD <albert.u.boot at aribaud.net> wrote:
> Hello York,
>
> On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 13:26:46 -0700, York Sun <yorksun at freescale.com>
> wrote:
>> fdt_addr_t and fdt_size_t can be either 64-bit or 32-bit, depending
>> on the architecture. Change the type to phys_addr_t and phys_size_t.
>
> If the only reason for changing the type is to avoid warnings in
> debug() then I don't think this is the right approach (see my message
> re PRIu64).
>
> If, on the other hand, there is reason to believe the fdt_addr_t and
> fdt_size_t are wrongly defined and should be typedef'd or ~define's as
> phys_*_t, then the rationale for this should be exposed.
>
> Amicalement,
> --
> Albert.

For LBA we do this in ide.h:

#ifdef CONFIG_SYS_64BIT_LBA
typedef uint64_t lbaint_t;
#define LBAF "%llx"
#define LBAFU "%llu"
#else
typedef ulong lbaint_t;
#define LBAF "%lx"
#define LBAFU "%lu"
#endif

How about something similar for this case? It would be nice to avoid
promoting everything to 64-bit given that very few platforms are
actually 64-bit.

Regards,
Simon