[U-Boot] U-Boot Build Failure

Bowman, Nicholas W (349C-Affiliate) Nicholas.W.Bowman at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Jul 27 20:45:59 CEST 2015

To whom it may concern,

My name is Nicholas Bowman and I am currently a summer intern at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory working on developing bootloaders for hardware boards designed to fly on CubeSat missions. I have recently been working with U-Boot and more specifically the U-Boot-Sparc branch, and I have consistently run into a problem when attempting to build the boot loader for various Gaisler boards.

After cloning the u-boot-sparc branch onto my local Linux machine running Ubuntu and calling the commands “make distclean” and “make gr_cpci_ax2000_config” successfully, every time I call “make all” I get the error that the built-in.o file is not found, causing the build to fail. Do you know what could be causing this problem? I have searched through many different online forums and have been unable to find a solution for this problem. Thank you in advance for your reply.

Nicholas Bowman
Software Engineer Intern
Jet Propulsion Laboratory