[U-Boot] Building u-boot.rom for Minnowboard

Bin Meng bmeng.cn at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 02:13:19 CEST 2015

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 5:44 AM, John Hawley <john.hawley at intel.com> wrote:
> Ok some more data points.  I tested with the FSP3 Gold that Saket built,
> and it continues to work on the A0, but it continues to not work on the
> A2 D0 board I have.  I'm guessing this is something between the
> steppings in the CPU and the FSP, but I'm not sure.
>
> Adding Vincent to this, as I'm guessing there is something going on here
> with the interaction with the FSP (since it works on an A0 B3, but not
> an A2 D0)
>
> - John
>
> On 06/03/2015 01:24 PM, Saket Sinha wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> I'm 99% sure that's the issue. try with FSP 3 gold."
>>>
>>> I am now trying to build the u-boot.rom from FSP 3 gold and would let
>>> you know about the results ASAP.
>>
>> u-boot.rom prepared from FSP3-Gold dowmloaded from
>> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24496 doesn't work with the
>> minnowmax I have.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Saket Sinha

Given even with Simon's debug UART WIP patch, the A2 D0 board still
has nothing output, I suspect that the FspTempRamInit() call failed
due to the microcode loading. Could it be the problem that the
microcode passed to the FSP is a little bit old that it does not
support the D0 stepping. Can you try some newer version microcode to
see if there is any luck?

Regards,
Bin