[U-Boot] Disabling Autonegotiation

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jun 9 15:04:28 CEST 2015

Dear priyanka sharma,

please keep the mailinmg list on Cc:

In message <CAKynAoccK9AwcQrt-ggWRYj5RiTLtnf00+fU71=YMog+8eJZwA at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Disabling auto negotiation along with limiting  ethernet PHY to 100MBit is
> a part of requirements for a custom solution.

This does not actually answer my question.  What I'm interested to
understand is _why_ you want to do that.  As mentioned before,
autonegotiation is usually a good thing to have, and mandatory in many
cases.  If you disable it, you probably want to work around some
problem (eventually caused by broken or mis-designed hardware), and
depending on the nature of the problem there might be better ways to
solve it.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"The question of whether a computer can think is no more  interesting
than the question of whether a submarine can swim"
                                                - Edsgar W.  Dijkstra