[U-Boot] No console output once kernel starts loading.

DaveKucharczyk david.kucharczyk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 23:46:52 CET 2015

I'm currently working on the kernel dtb for our MX53 board.

U-boot loads the dtb and kernel and then gets stuck at "starting kernel...".

I've triple checked the uart pad setup in imx53.dtsi

Here is my entire dts (everything else is stripped for testing)...
-----------------------------
/dts-v1/;
#include "imx53.dtsi"

/ {
   model = "Freescale i.MX53 test Board";
   compatible = "fsl,imx53-qsb", "fsl,imx53";

   memory {
      reg = <0x70000000 0x80000000>;
   };
&uart2 {
   pinctrl-names = "default";
   pinctrl-0 = <&pinctrl_uart2_3>;
   status = "okay";
};
&esdhc2 {
   pinctrl-names = "default";
   pinctrl-0 = <&pinctrl_esdhc2_1>;
   //cd-gpios = <&gpio4 1 0>;
   //wp-gpios = <&gpio2 9 0>;
   //lctl-gpios = <&gpio6 9 0>;
   status = "okay";
};
Should I see console output with just the above dts?  Basically I just want
to see some life, so all I have setup is the uart. The sd card setup doesn't
even matter this early.

What am I missing?