[U-Boot] "Writing to MMC(%d)... failed"

Przemyslaw Marczak p.marczak at samsung.com
Tue Mar 10 14:07:49 CET 2015

Hello Nathan,

On 03/10/2015 12:30 PM, Nathan wrote:
> I hope my last message didn't get lost during that outage last month.
>
> In the mean time, I had to finagle the HardKernel code to work with
> GCC 5.0 which ended up being only 1 line change which I may end up
> encountering in mainline if I ever get far enough.
> After transferring the "CONFIG_MMC_TRACE" to the HardKernel mmc.c, I
> have a comparable output for the U2 with the "Samsung" mainline.
>
> So the output comparison can be made more readable, I created a Google
> Drive Sheet, lining up the output when there were repeats,
> highlighting the differing output sections and changing the text color
> for the different values:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gu10bG8wGJClorJjKoIMiAt4HR0nS22ugrL8-F5_Nbg/edit?usp=sharing

Now, I don't have too much time for this, but the only one you need is
the documentation and a time to analyze the responds for commands.

Please check this site:
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/pls/simplified_specs/index.html
you can also check some example spec from Jedec:
http://www.jedec.org/standards-documents/results/jesd84-a441

You will solve this problem with this.

By the way, did you tried another SD-Card?

Przemyslaw Marczak
Samsung R&D Institute Poland
Samsung Electronics
p.marczak at samsung.com