[U-Boot] U-boot on MPC8641D based board

Sinan Akman sinan at writeme.com
Thu Mar 19 18:32:56 CET 2015

   Hi Ashish

On 03/19/2015 08:12 AM, Ashish Khetan wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have been facing a strange problem in my board which is MPC8641D based.
> In this board we have two nor spansion flashes connected to cs0 and cs1. U
> boot had detected both the flashes and when flinfo command is it shows both
> flash information but when we try to access another flash u-boot is
> crashing.
>
> Flash part no is s29gl01gs which is CFI complaint.
>
> Please provide some pointers where I should concentrate more to resolve
> this issue. As I have checked all the configuration in configuration file
> it seems to be fine. Any help will be really appreciated.

   As a rule of thumb, you need to provide u-boot version that
you are running. Ideally you should run the latest mainline
u-boot and reproduce the problem if you like to get effective
help from others.

   So please reproduce the issue with the latest mainline u-boot,
document the steps and provide some more info on your target hw.

   Regards
   Sinan Akman