[U-Boot] Ramdisk Error

Gaurav Pathak gauravpathak129 at gmail.com
Thu May 21 12:01:02 CEST 2015

Hello,
I have two versions of u-boot one is U-Boot 2012.10-00142-g56ac3aa-dirty
and the latest one is U-Boot 2015.01-linux4sam_4.7-dirty.
I am using ATSAMA5D31, the issue that I am facing is that the older version
of u-boot i.e. "U-Boot 2012.10-00142-g56ac3aa-dirty" is able to load
ramdisk of size greater than 4MB but at later point of time during kernel
bootup "External imprecise abort 0x1c06" error is shown and the latest
version of u-boot i.e. "U-Boot 2015.01-linux4sam_4.7-dirty" is not able to
boot with ramdisk size greater than 4MB and gives error "Verifying
Checksum.... Bad Data CRC".
​
I want to use latest u-boot from Atmel with
​ ​
ramdisk of 32MB, I have tried various tricks of passing ramdisk_size=xxxx as
​ ​
bootargs parameter and edited Block Ram size in kernel configuration under
Device Drivers->Block Devices also tried to change kernel parameters from
Kernel Configuration but nothing worked.​
Kindly reply.