[U-Boot] Ramdisk Error

Andreas Bießmann andreas.devel at googlemail.com
Thu May 21 14:01:37 CEST 2015

Dear Gaurav Pathak,

On 05/21/2015 12:01 PM, Gaurav Pathak wrote:
> Hello,
> I have two versions of u-boot one is U-Boot 2012.10-00142-g56ac3aa-dirty
> and the latest one is U-Boot 2015.01-linux4sam_4.7-dirty.
> I am using ATSAMA5D31, the issue that I am facing is that the older version
> of u-boot i.e. "U-Boot 2012.10-00142-g56ac3aa-dirty" is able to load
> ramdisk of size greater than 4MB but at later point of time during kernel
> bootup "External imprecise abort 0x1c06" error is shown and the latest
> version of u-boot i.e. "U-Boot 2015.01-linux4sam_4.7-dirty" is not able to
> boot with ramdisk size greater than 4MB and gives error "Verifying
> Checksum.... Bad Data CRC".
>> I want to use latest u-boot from Atmel with

please contact Atmel support for their software. This is the mainline
U-Boot Mailinglist, we can only give support fort mainline U-Boot. But
let's see if I can help you ...

The 'Bad Data CRC' may be some corrupted image or code. It may fail in
2015.01 due to U-Boot relocation, uImage extraction or some other
mechanism which may has changed since 2012.10 (plus unknown patches). So
a bit more information about what exactly is failing and some
surroundings required: Which board? What type of image(s)? What was the
command failing? Which addresses used and how many RAM is available? Any
constraints regarding reserved memory? ....

I'll verify that sama5d3xek is loading ramdisk larger than 4MiB with
mainline U-Boot and post the results.

regards

Andreas Bießmann