[U-Boot] Booting Wandboard through USB

Vincent Stehlé vincent.stehle at laposte.net
Fri May 29 11:46:40 CEST 2015

Hi,

Is it still possible to boot u-boot on Wandboard through USB, please?

U-boot has switched to SPL for Wandboard recently[1] and I wonder if it
did not lose the possibility to boot the Wandboard through USB in the
mean time.

Granted, I can generate an u-boot-with-spl.imx suitable for boot through
USB, with tools such as imx_usb_loader[2], but I am not able to compile
SPL with usb or ethernet support. Is loading the second stage image from
SD card the only way now?

Thanks for any advice.

Best regards,

V.

[1] Commit 0d1ea05210f3 ("wandboard: Switch to SPL support")
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/220799

[2] https://github.com/boundarydevices/imx_usb_loader