[U-Boot] Booting Wandboard through USB

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Sat May 30 18:49:21 CEST 2015

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 11:46:40AM +0200, Vincent Stehlé wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it still possible to boot u-boot on Wandboard through USB, please?

Not directly.  I've been toying with a few ideas but not put any into
practice yet.  The first and possibly simplist would be to mimic the USB
RNDIS in SPL support am335x uses (see am335x_evm_usbspl_defconfig) but I
don't know if we have space for that.  The second would be trying to
"fake" things such that for imx_usb_loader you can pass both SPL and
u-boot.img, and SPL is run, inits memory and just exists and then
u-boot.img is loaded and run, similar to how with the non-SPL case you
can use the loader to pass in u-boot.imx as well as a kernel, ramdisk,
etc, into DDR.

Proof of concepts, patches or just plain old feedback greatly
appreciated!

--
Tom