[U-Boot] how to load u-boot environment from nand while spl is loading

Francesco Lucconi francesco.lucconi at aethra.com
Wed Nov 11 16:29:34 CET 2015

I'm working with imx28evk reference board with u-boot 2011.12 and for my
specific purposes I have to load u-boot nand environment during spl
binary is loading. I'm working with a static environment but this is not
so useful because I need to initialize some drivers (such as serial
console) with the current values stored within nand flash environment
(such as baudrate variable).
Comparing my u-boot version with more recent ones (u-boot 2015.10) I've
found out that the enviroment loading has been applied during ram
bootstrapping...can't we do this operation before u-boot.bin has been
loaded in ddr memory?
Could you send me any tips to solve this issue?
--
Francesco Lucconi
SW Design Dept.

Via 1° Maggio, 26
60131 Ancona - Zona Baraccola (Italy)
T: +39 071 2506590
F: +39 071 2506518
Email: francesco.lucconi at aethra.com <mailto:francesco.lucconi at aethra.com>
Website: www.aethra.com <http://www.aethra.com>
NOTA BENE: Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono riservate
e sono destinate esclusivamente alle persone indicate in indirizzo o a
chi sia stato da quelle autorizzato. La confidenzialità e la
riservatezza non vengono in alcun modo meno neanche nel caso in cui il
messaggio sia stato per errore trasmesso a persona o soggetto diverso
dal destinatario e, in ogni caso, la circolazione e la riproduzione di
questo messaggio è strettamente proibita. Se avete ricevuto questo
messaggio per errore, vi preghiamo di contattarci immediatamente (Legge
196/03).
PLEASE NOTE: The information contained in this message is privileged and
confidential and is intended only for use of the addressee(s) or of
those responsible to deliver it to the addressee(s). Neither the
confidentiality nor any privilege attaching to this message is waived,
lost or destroyed by reason that it has been mistakenly transmitted to a
person or entity other than the addressee(s). Please note that any
distribution, dissemination or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited. In case you have received this message in error, please
notify us immediately (Law 196/03).