[U-Boot] socfpga, spl, status

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Fri Nov 20 17:21:08 CET 2015

On Friday, November 20, 2015 at 03:49:46 PM, Jan Viktorin wrote:
> Hello Marek and U-Boot community,

Hi, ahoj,

> I am trying to build the U-Boot 2015.10 with SPL for the EBV SoCrates
> board (Altera SoC FPGA, Cyclone V). It builds, however, I am unable to
> boot. It does not print any output. I can boot the SoCrates board with
> an older bootloader generated by the Altera tools.

The SoCrates was always a bit of an orphan, but I'm submitting a patch to
fix it now, since I have one.

> I am able to build & run U-Boot for Altera SoC Development Kit (NOT
> SoCKit), the SPL works however U-Boot freezes...
>
> U-Boot 2015.10 (Nov 20 2015 - 15:43:36 +0100)
>
> CPU:   Altera SoCFPGA Platform
> FPGA:  Altera Cyclone V, SE/A6 or SX/C6 or ST/D6, version 0x0
> BOOT:  SD/MMC Internal Transceiver (3.0V)
>        Watchdog enabled
> I2C:   ready
> DRAM:  1 GiB
> MMC:   SOCFPGA DWMMC: 0
> *** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment
>
> In:    serial
> Out:   serial
> Err:   serial
> Model: Altera SOCFPGA Cyclone V SoC Development Kit
> Autoboot in 3 seconds
> [...frozen here...]
>
> So, what is the status of the SPL for SoCFPGA in upstream? Does anybody
> test all the claimed socfpga platforms?

I'm testing mostly MCVEVK and SoCkit and ArriaV SoCDK. Dinh, you wanna look
at the CV SoCDK issue ? I might be able to set it up later this weekend,
but don't hold your breath, I am pretty overloaded.

Best regards,
Marek Vasut