[U-Boot] socfpga, spl, status

Jan Viktorin viktorin at rehivetech.com
Fri Nov 20 15:49:46 CET 2015

Hello Marek and U-Boot community,

I am trying to build the U-Boot 2015.10 with SPL for the EBV SoCrates
board (Altera SoC FPGA, Cyclone V). It builds, however, I am unable to
boot. It does not print any output. I can boot the SoCrates board with
an older bootloader generated by the Altera tools.

I am able to build & run U-Boot for Altera SoC Development Kit (NOT
SoCKit), the SPL works however U-Boot freezes...

U-Boot 2015.10 (Nov 20 2015 - 15:43:36 +0100)

CPU:   Altera SoCFPGA Platform
FPGA:  Altera Cyclone V, SE/A6 or SX/C6 or ST/D6, version 0x0
BOOT:  SD/MMC Internal Transceiver (3.0V)
       Watchdog enabled
I2C:   ready
DRAM:  1 GiB
MMC:   SOCFPGA DWMMC: 0
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Model: Altera SOCFPGA Cyclone V SoC Development Kit
Autoboot in 3 seconds
[...frozen here...]

So, what is the status of the SPL for SoCFPGA in upstream? Does anybody
test all the claimed socfpga platforms?

Regards
Jan Viktorin

--
   Jan Viktorin                  E-mail: Viktorin at RehiveTech.com
   System Architect              Web:    www.RehiveTech.com