[U-Boot] mxs: HAB: current CST broken

Florian Achleitner achleitner.florian at fronius.com
Thu Nov 26 13:51:17 CET 2015

On Thursday, November 26, 2015 12:06:42 PM Marek Vasut wrote:
> On Thursday, November 26, 2015 at 10:24:50 AM, Florian Achleitner wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hi,
>
> > for everybody's information:
> >
> > On Wednesday, November 18, 2015 11:01:03 AM Marek Vasut wrote:

> > > [...]
> > >
> > > I am using BLN_CST_MAIN_02.00.00 btw.
> >
> > I eventually got version BLN_CST_MAIN_02.00.00 from freescale support, and
> > it works nicely with the i.mx28 HAB.
> >
> > Thus, I'm quite sure that the current version BLN_CST_MAIN_02.03.00 is
> > simply broken at least for i.mx28.
>
> Thanks for the heads up! Would it be possible for you to check what's the
> problem and submit a patch to make both versions work please?

I guess, no. I think there is nothing to be done on u-boot's side. From the
outside, the cst still looks the same, all inputs are the same. And this tool
is known to be closed-source. I can only compare the output. The binary it
produces differs significantly between the two versions. This must bei fixed
by freescale in the cst. Their support promised to forward the issue.

> Best regards,
> Marek Vasut

Best Regards,
Florian