[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2015.10-rc5 released

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Tue Oct 13 06:27:36 CEST 2015

Hello Tom,

Am 12.10.2015 um 17:18 schrieb Tom Rini:
> Hey all,
>
> Today is the scheduled release date for v2015.10.  But as you can tell
> from the list of patches I just merged, a lot of stuff needed to go in
> still and while I'm "happy" it's all safe it's also too much to not do
> another -rc.  So here we are and I'm expecting to do the release next
> Monday.  So please, test this.  If you have a regression, speak up.  If
> you have a bugfix, speak up.

I just tested this and ubi on the aristainetos2 board and dfu on the
smartweb board seems fine.

As we talked on the U-Boot sumit about automated testsystems, I had
successfully setup my tbot [1] I talked, on my raspberry pi at my home.

I start it through buidlbot [2] also running on the raspberry. I use
buildbot, because it has fancy possibilities for triggering tests,
like nightly builds or if new git commits arrive in tree ...

Also it has a webinterface for presenting the results, see them for
my testdemonstration here [3] (maybe slow, because I have a slow internet
connection, and the raspberry pi is not the fastest machine ...).
There are 2 U-Boot tests:

ari_ubi:      ubi/ubifs tests on the aristainetos2 board
smartweb_dfu: dfu tests on the smartweb board

You can look into the logs and see, what is done in the tests,
currently very basic tests ...

I trigger the tests currently manually. The boards are in the denx vlab
in munich, while I am living in hungary ... So I tried in tbot to make
it easy to add new labs, which contains 1-n boards. So everybody who
has a board can add it, without the need to build up somewhere a big
testlab with all boards in it ...

bye,
Heiko
[1] https://github.com/hsdenx/tbot