[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2015.10-rc5 released

Andreas Färber afaerber at suse.de
Thu Oct 15 02:28:34 CEST 2015

Hi Tom,

Am 12.10.2015 um 17:18 schrieb Tom Rini:
> If you have a regression, speak up.

For -rc4 I had reported that CONFIG_API is broken for sunxi among
others. I was told this was fallout of the new Driver Model. Has anyone
thought about how to fix this? Is that already a lost cause for 2015.10?

Improving test coverage for such off-by-default features will also be
helpful going forward. For instance, Simon's brand-new rk3288 code was
lacking some MMC define for CONFIG_API to build iirc - that part is
trivial to fix when actually build-testing. I'll see if I can polish
some of my fixes in time.

I had also tried building the qemu-ppce500 target and got lots of linker
errors with our native gcc 5.x on ppc (duplicate function definitions
with arch/powerpc/include/asm/byteorder.h). My first try of a ppc
target, haven't found time to investigate further yet, so not sure if a
regression or just compiler-dependent.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/home:a_faerber:u-boot:ppc/u-boot-qemu-ppce500/openSUSE_Factory_PowerPC/ppc

Regards,
Andreas

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton; HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)