[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2015.10-rc5 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Thu Oct 15 02:40:02 CEST 2015

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 02:28:34AM +0200, Andreas Färber wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> Am 12.10.2015 um 17:18 schrieb Tom Rini:
> > If you have a regression, speak up.
>
> For -rc4 I had reported that CONFIG_API is broken for sunxi among
> others. I was told this was fallout of the new Driver Model. Has anyone
> thought about how to fix this? Is that already a lost cause for 2015.10?
>
> Improving test coverage for such off-by-default features will also be
> helpful going forward. For instance, Simon's brand-new rk3288 code was
> lacking some MMC define for CONFIG_API to build iirc - that part is
> trivial to fix when actually build-testing. I'll see if I can polish
> some of my fixes in time.

I'm just not sure what to do about CONFIG_API some days.  I know one use
case is for GRUB but I'd like to move away from that if possible
(distros should be doing the generic distro bits and extlinux.conf).
After that, I'm only hazily aware of the real use-cases.

> I had also tried building the qemu-ppce500 target and got lots of linker
> errors with our native gcc 5.x on ppc (duplicate function definitions
> with arch/powerpc/include/asm/byteorder.h). My first try of a ppc
> target, haven't found time to investigate further yet, so not sure if a
> regression or just compiler-dependent.

It builds for me but I don't have a gcc 5.x compiler handy.  I probably
need to find the time to rectify that soon.

--
Tom