[U-Boot] Reading data from SPI flash before relocation - what is the best way to do this?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Oct 22 19:15:52 CEST 2015

Dear Marcin,

In message <CA0E6F9BA6AED7458C23277BD87075E50F731841 at DEMUMBX014.nsn-intra.net> you wrote:

> I want to chose the best aproach to achive something like this:
> There is a u-boot without SPL and it is copied by bootrom to SDRAM.

OK, the question why you don't use SPL has already been asked.

> In first phase (while running  *_f functions) I need to read some configuration data from SPI NOR, and it must be done before DDR config.

Why do you need to read it separately?  Can you not "attach" it to the
U-Boot image, so the boot ROM will read that combined image (U-Boot
plus your config data) ?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Until you walk a mile in another man's moccasins, you  can't  imagine
the smell.