[U-Boot] fdt_fixup_ethernet() and "usbethaddr" env

Bin Meng bmeng.cn at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 10:24:17 CET 2015

Hi,

It looks to me that current implementation in fdt_fixup_ethernet() is
somewhat cripple to handle usb ethernet mac address fix up. It only
handles "usbethaddr", but does not handle "usbeth1addr",
"usbeth2addr", etc. I also checked all the device tree source files in
the kernel tree, and found only "ethernet%d" is used under the
"/aliases" node. But the loop in fdt_fixup_ethernet() only checks
"usb%daddr" env, but no "usbeth%daddr".

By checking git log I found commit b1f49ab added the "usbethaddr"
handle codes in fdt_fixup_ethernet(). What if we have a board that has
both a USB ethernet port and a normal ethernet port?

Can we just use "eth%daddr" for all ethernet interfaces?

Background: I was trying to refactor the codes in fdt_fixup_ethernet()
and found this "usbethaddr" issue.

Regards,
Bin