[U-Boot] Mainline u-boot installation on Odroid-UX4

Shawn Guo shawnguo at kernel.org
Thu Apr 7 11:35:34 CEST 2016

Hi Przemyslaw, Anand,

I just got a Odroid-UX4 board to play.  I installed firmware (bl1, bl2,
tzsw, u-boot) from hardkernel using sd_fusing.sh, and the board boots
fine.  But when I install mainline u-boot v2016.03 by following
doc/README.odroid, the board refuses to boot with nothing appearing on
serial console.

Here is what I did:

 - make odroid-xu3_defconfig
 - make (using arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc 4.7.3)
 - copy u-boot.bin (which is same as u-boot-dtb.bin in v2016.03 release)
   to sd_fuse/hardkernel folder, and modify sd_fusing.sh to get it point
   to this new U-Boot
 - ./sd_fusing.sh /dev/sdX to flash the SD card

One thing I'm not sure is the offset that firmware should be installed
to SD card.  The doc/README.odroid and hardkernel sd_fusing.sh tells
different ones.

doc/README.odroid:

 -------------------------------------
|  Binary   | Block offset| part type |
|   name    | SD   | eMMC |(eMMC only)|
 -------------------------------------
| Bl1       | 1    | 0    |  1 (boot) |
| Bl2       | 31   | 30   |  1 (boot) |
| U-Boot    | 63   | 62   |  1 (boot) |
| Tzsw      | 2111 | 2110 |  1 (boot) |
| Uboot Env | 2560 | 2560 |  0 (user) |
 -------------------------------------

sd_fusing.sh:

signed_bl1_position=1
bl2_position=31
uboot_position=63
tzsw_position=719
env_position=1231

I tried both sets, and neither works for me.

I know Odroid-UX4 is supported by mainline U-Boot today, so there must
be something missing from my setup.  Could you please help me here?
Thanks.

Shawn