[U-Boot] Newbie SPL question for socfpga_sockit

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Apr 12 18:09:43 CEST 2016

On 12.04.2016 18:00, Marek Vasut wrote:
> On 04/12/2016 05:53 PM, Dinh Nguyen wrote:

>>> The patch applied cleanly. The behavior is unchanged with both
>>> dcache on and off. The "good" sticks still work, and "bad" sticks still don't.
>>>

>> Not sure if this helps, but with this patch and dcache off, my "bad"
>> stick (SanDisk Cruzer U 4C530200250418114310) is now working.
>
> You mean the revert is needed on SoCFPGA, right ? I tried bashing Stefan
> about the patch a bit and I am tempted to just revert it for now, since
> there seems to be no time to repair it proper :(

Hmmmm. My priorities seem to have shifted a bit just now. ;)

I'll definitely try to fix this issue on SoCFPGA with the USB
scanning patches in this release. As we don't want to go back
to USB scanning times in the range of more than 20 seconds!
Please give me something like 1 week for this.

Marek, how can I reproduce this issue? Can I use the SoCrates
board for this? Could you perhaps double-check this on this
board? Which USB sticks are known to fail?

Thanks,
Stefan