[U-Boot] Issue with USB mass storage (thumb drives)

Diego diego.ml at zoho.com
Fri Apr 15 14:13:34 CEST 2016

In data venerdì 15 aprile 2016 12:53:36, Marek Vasut ha scritto:
> On 04/14/2016 03:20 PM, Diego wrote:
> > On 18.02.2016, Schrempf Frieder wrote:
> >> At the moment I have two sticks with the same chip around for which
> >> setting USB_MAX_XFER_BLK from 65535 to 32767 fixed the file transfer.
> >> Also one of our customers tested a few non-working sticks with this
> >> change and reported, that it fixed it for him.
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > sorry for reopening this thread, but I'd like to provide some additional
> > infos.
> >
> > I was experiencing the same problem with several USB thumb drives,
> > especially with some Kingston DataTraveler.
> >
> > Changing USB_MAX_XFER_BLK from 65535 to 32767 definitely fixed the "EHCI
> > timed out on TD" but also fixed a more subtle problem.
>
> So the DTSE9 is problematic even on EHCI ? Sigh ... I'll have to look
> into that one stick deeper, that's real bad.

Hi Marek,

yes, I was getting the following error with the Kingston DTSE9 USB 2.0:
EHCI timed out on TD - token=0x1e008d80
EHCI timed out on TD - token=0x1e008d80
EHCI timed out on TD - token=0x1e008d80
The model is the one in this photo:
http://katteway.com/images/Kingston-DataTraveler-DTSE9-8GB-USB-Flash-Drive-Silver.jpg
ID 0951:1689 Kingston Technology DataTraveler SE9

I'm available if you want any additional info.

Bests,
Diego