[U-Boot] SAMA5D2 xplained SD/eMMC boot

Marek Vasut marek.vasut at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 17:30:14 CEST 2016

Hi!

I've been playing around with latest mainline u-boot on sama5d2 xplained
ultra. I noticed that if I want to boot the board from
SD card (SDHCI1), the board will indeed load the SPL from it, but
SPL will try to load u-boot.img from eMMC (SDHCI0) and fail, as
my eMMC is blank. This is a result of hard-coding boot device to
BOOT_DEVICE_MMC1 in arch/arm/mach-at91/spl.c spl_boot_device() I
think.

Is there any way to discern from which SDHCI the board booted to
continue loading u-boot.img from the correct one ? This would let
us implement board_boot_order() and boot from correct SDHCI.

Marek Vasut