[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2016.05-rc2 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Thu Apr 21 15:38:53 CEST 2016

Hey all,

As promised, and only slightly late, here's -rc2.  I've picked up a
bunch of things that were outstanding and I had grabbed in patchwork and
I felt should come in now rather than wait for the next window.  There's
some good work going on in SPL land that I'm going to let wait since we
aren't quite able to make real use of it yet but I'm otherwise happy
with.

I forgot to mention this with -rc1 but I'm going to mention it again now
like I had intended to anyhow.  For ARM platforms, the EFI loader code
is enabled by default.  I'm quite happy to see people turn it off if
they believe their board has no use case for it but as I think this will
help the out of box experience for many end users I'm of the opinion it
should default to on, not off.  Thanks all!

--
Tom