[U-Boot] Porting Linux's MTD/NAND changes into U-Boot

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Tue Apr 26 10:13:53 CEST 2016

Hello Richard,

Am 26.04.2016 um 09:20 schrieb Richard Weinberger:
> Am 26.04.2016 um 07:17 schrieb Heiko Schocher:
>> Also, as the UBI/UIFS case may show, it is not always a trivial job
>> to do such a sync, as concepts in Linux changes ...
>
> While we are at it, how do you QA?

I do some very basic ubi/ubifs tests with tbot [1] on the aristainetos2 [2]
and dxr2 board [3].

> Did you ever port port UBI or MTD tests to u-boot and let them run?

No, patches are welcome.

> Maybe there are more issues hidden which didn't came up in quick "builds and boots a kernel" tests. ;-)
> As you offer the full UBI and UBIFS feature sets advanced users may get surprised.

Yes, possible.

bye,
Heiko

[1] https://github.com/hsdenx/tbot
[2] U-Boot cyclic tests on the aristainetos2 board
     (used UBI on sf nor and nand, UBIFS on the nand, U-Boot test only)
     http://xeidos.ddns.net/buildbot/builders/ari_ubi/builds/50
[3] U-Boot / Linux UBI/UBIFS tests, last log:
     http://xeidos.ddns.net/buildbot/builders/dxr2/builds/12/steps/shell/logs/tbotlog