[U-Boot] SCSI is missing DM support?

Michal Simek michal.simek at xilinx.com
Mon Aug 1 11:25:06 CEST 2016

Hi, +u-boot

On 1.8.2016 09:19, Alexander Graf wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I tried to boot from SCSI on the Xilinx ZynqMP EP platform (the QEMU based system) and turns out the scsi commands can’t find a scsi disk that is attached to it. For an example command line, just run
>
>   ./aarch64-softmmu/qemu-system-aarch64 -nographic -M xlnx-ep108 -m 2G -kernel ~/git/u-boot/u-boot.elf -drive file=~/foo.raw,if=none,id=disk -device ide-drive,drive=disk
>
> While that U-Boot will find a scsi disk (which really is SATA) and expose it, it’s unable to make use of it later because it’s missing in the object tree. I suppose we use CONFIG_BLK because of SD access, but that really shouldn’t break non-SD devices ;).

I can confirm that issue is there even on HW,
Some hours ago I have sent this patch
"ARM64: zynqmp: Do not enable DM_MMC by default"
which removed some Kconfig default options because of different
configuration but CONFIG_BLK is causing this problem.

But the issue was there even before.
For 2016.05 there is compilation error when you enable CONFIG_BLK
on ZynqMP. And 2016.07 has the same issue like current HEAD.

But definitely we need to move ceva driver to match latest structure.
Is there any driver which can be used with BLK on and it is ahci
and it is using scsi command?

Thanks,
Michal