[U-Boot] Question on Enabling hypervisor mode in u-boot

Keerthy a0393675 at ti.com
Tue Aug 2 13:59:20 CEST 2016

Hi Alex,

On Tuesday 02 August 2016 07:24 AM, Keerthy wrote:

> On Tuesday 02 August 2016 03:16 AM, Alexander Graf wrote:
>>
>>> On 01 Aug 2016, at 11:07, Keerthy <a0393675 at ti.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Alexander,
>>>
>>> I am trying to enable hypervisor in u-boot for DRA7(A15 based) family
>>> of SoCs which does not have LPAE support yet.
>>>
>>> Is it mandatory for LPAE to be enabled before enabling hypervisor for
>>> A15?
>>
>> HYP mode shares the same page table layout as the LPAE one. I’m
>> actually surprised you managed to configure an A15 without LPAE. Are
>> you sure it doesn’t support it?
>
> I meant CONFIG_LPAE not enabled yet in our defconfig. I was trying to
> get hyp mode enabled and saw that enabling LPAE config seemed mandatory
> as per your commit.

I am referring
http://liris.cnrs.fr/~mmrissa/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=armv7-a-r-manual.pdf.

Attrm[3:0] bits for DCACHE_WRITEALLOC, DCACHE_WRITEBACK,
DCACHE_WRITETHROUGH definitions.

DCACHE_WRITEBACK should have 0x3 << 2 to get 11RW for MAIRn.Attrm[3:0]
encoding.

Correct me if i am wrong of referring a wrong document.

Regards,
Keerthy