[U-Boot] A command to discard saved environments?

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Wed Aug 3 13:51:04 CEST 2016

On Wed, Aug 03, 2016 at 12:49:09PM +0900, Masahiro Yamada wrote:
> Hi Fabio,

> > On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 12:31 AM, Masahiro Yamada
> > <yamada.masahiro at socionext.com> wrote:
> >> Hi.
> >>

> >> I am looking for a command
> >> that discards the saved environments,
> >
> > Does this command help?
> >
> > => env default -f -a
> >

> I know this command, but it is the manupulation
> of working RAM in U-Boot.
>
> If I reset my board,
> it will load the saved environment again.
>

> I want the environment data in a non-volatile device to go away.

I think I'm missing something.  As Fabio said env default -f -a will
reset it.  And then you can saveenv it.  If you want to restrict certain
parts of the environment check out the stuff around *ENV_FLAGS* and of
course if you just want to never have persistent environment, change to
ENV_IS_NOWHERE.  We don't have a way to tell U-Boot to ignore the valid
environment that it did find.

--
Tom