[U-Boot] Prospective contributer

Jagan Teki jagannadh.teki at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 08:22:28 CEST 2016

On 6 August 2016 at 08:03, nilan chamara <nilan.uoc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have been working as a Software/Firmware engineer for 10 years now,
> and keen to contribute to UBoot code base with some peripheral device
> driver patches.
>
> I would like to know the procedure to follow, and where should I create my
> patches (from main git repo or  Custodians
> <http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/Custodians> repo).

Some times custodian repo's are move forward/backward wrt main git
repo based on their work, so its better to use main git repo/master
for new development/updates.Refer this[1] for procedure for patch
submission.

> To start with I am expecting to submit patches which support LED driver
> chip / Temperature Sensor / Battery fuel gauge  to UBoot.

Please note that u-boot drivers need to written in driver-model[2].

[1] http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/Patches
[2] http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=tree;f=doc/driver-model;h=000983d1fe66a54d21c4b5cb766b52ed77c01ae5;hb=refs/heads/master

thanks!
--