[U-Boot] A command to discard saved environments?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 11 16:46:06 CEST 2016

Dear Masahiro,

In message <CAK7LNATygXm=Z42SYYEXW9NJLYkFMa1gPQ8PB2_8Y4DUWYZOaQ at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Another wants to load "uEnv.txt" to adjust environments, so the
> environments from a non-volatile device
> are just annoying for him.

This is largely a matter of taste, but I consider it as a perfectly
valid wish.

> He just want to clean the saved
> environments away, and makes the
> sectors for environments to the initial state.

This, on the other hand, is not reasonable.

If he does not like the saved environment, he is free to use the
regular "env" commands to define one he likes: "env default -f -a"
or "env default -f var ..." or "env delete -f var ..." followed by a
"env save" provide a lot of options.

There should be no need for manipulating stored data structures in
obscure ways.

One could discuss if an expension as "env delete -f -a" makes sense...

> As Tom pointed out, the latter can use CONFIG_ENV_IS_NOWHERE.

Of course. TIMTOWTDI...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Harrisberger's Fourth Law of the Lab:
	Experience is directly proportional to the
	amount of equipment ruined.