[U-Boot] disabling mmc in spl when booting using bootrom

Ziyuan Xu xzy.xu at rock-chips.com
Thu Aug 11 13:35:27 CEST 2016

On 2016年08月11日 19:31, Sandy Patterson wrote:
> Simon,
>
> I am trying to format a patch to disable MMC in the SPL if booting
> main u-boot using BOOTROM, therefore the SPL MMC isn't needed.
>
> Is the best solution to wrap every header file (rock2.h
> firefly-rk3288.h, etc) with ifdefs on the BACK_TO_BROM define? Or
> would it be better to move the SPL MMC define into rk3288-common.h and
> just have chromebook_jerry undef it like it does the SPL GPIO code.
>
> With that change, enabling BOOT_TO_BROM shrinks the spl from 32K to 23K.
Note that, firefly-rk3288 use OF_PLATDATA, we will use
u-boot-spl-no-dtb.bin instead of u-boot-spl-dtb.bin, and the size of
u-boot-spl-no-dtb.bin is almost 23K.

@Simon, I think we will update doc/README.rockchip if you insist on
OF_PLATDATA for firefly-rk3288. we no longer use u-boot-spl-dtb.bin.:-)