[U-Boot] P4080DS ELBC UPM MODE

yyurtcan yaseryurtcan.ee at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 07:56:34 CEST 2016

Hi,
I have p4080ds board. I want to increase read speed from NOR Flash in order
to meet system requirements. I have measured read speed around 10 MByte/sec.
I think this speed is too low. I have searched it on internet and found that
NOR Flash has two mode; word and page mode. Page mode is faster than word
mode. I assume that NOR flash is in word mode. I have learned that by
default elbc is in GPCM mode which does not support page mode access. In
order to use page mode access UPM mode should be defined. I have searched
and finally found that CS_SYS_FLASH_BR_PRELIM, which is base register
definition.I think I need to set CS_SYS_FLASH_BR_PRELIM and
CS_SYS_FLASH_OR_PRELIM the followings
#define CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_BR_PRELIM (BR_PHYS_ADDR(CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_BASE_PHYS
+ 0x8000000) | BR_PS_16 | BR_V | 0x00000080)
#define CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_OR_PRELIM (OR_UPM_AM | OR_UPM_BCTLD | OR_UPM_BI |
OR_UPM_TRLX | OR_UPM_EHTR | OR_UPM_EAD)

However, the board does not boot. So, what is the problem by using UPM mode?
Is there anything I need to do?
Best regards.