[U-Boot] [GIT] Pull request: u-boot-dfu

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Wed Aug 17 15:06:05 CEST 2016

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 11:56:59AM +0200, Lukasz Majewski wrote:
> Hi Heiko, Ravi,
>
> > Hello B, Ravi,
> >
> > Am 17.08.2016 um 09:40 schrieb B, Ravi:
> > > Hi Heiko

> > > The CONFIG_SYS_CACHELINE_SIZE is not defined for smartweb platform
> > > which is causing build error. By defining this error goes away.
> > > What would be value for cache line size for smartweb platform?
> > > (32/64/..?)
> >
> > Hups? Which patch introduced this? I wonder if other at91
> > based boards does not show the same error?
> >
> > The RM for the at91sam9260 says:  8 words cache line size
> >
> > So 32 would be the correct value.
>
> Heiko, thanks for your support.
>
> Ravi, Marek Vasut before accepting PR tests following archs with
> buildman: arm, aarch64, mips, powerpc, nios2 [1]
>
> Regarding the CONFIG_SYS_CACHELINE_SIZE, some older boards do not
> define it. Hence we have several problems (also with other patches
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/657216/).
>
> IMHO, it would be best to check [1] and then add this define if
> required.
>
> Or does anybody have any better idea?

This is something we can get right in Kconfig, I believe.  Looking at
the Linux Kernel, the relevant bits I think are in arch/arm/mm/Kconfig:
config ARM_L1_CACHE_SHIFT_6
        bool
        default y if CPU_V7
        help
          Setting ARM L1 cache line size to 64 Bytes.

config ARM_L1_CACHE_SHIFT
        int
        default 6 if ARM_L1_CACHE_SHIFT_6
        default 5

I only hesitate a little as there's not a 1:1 match-up between those
values and all ARMv7 platforms we have today for example.

--
Tom