[U-Boot] mx7: ums command does not mount SD card partitions

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 18:46:00 CEST 2016

Hi Peng/Ye Li,

We are trying the 'ums' command on a mx7d sabresd board running the
latest U-Boot code from u-boot-imx tree:

=> ums 0 mmc 0

This should make the content of the SD card to be mounted on the host
PC and the two SD card partition should pop up in the screen.

We do see the two partitions icons to appear on the host, but the two
SD card partitions are not mounted automatically.

We see this behavior on a mx7d sabresd and also mx7s warp boards.

In other mx6 boards the partitions are correctly mounted.

We also tested the following command in the kernel on a mx7d sabresd:

modprobe g_mass_storage file=/dev/mmcblk0

and the SD card partitions are always automatically mounted.

Any ideas as to why U-boot ums do not mount the SD card partitions
automatically?

Thanks,

Fabio Estevam