[U-Boot] OMAP3 SPL Overflow

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Sun Aug 21 14:45:12 CEST 2016

On Sun, Aug 21, 2016 at 06:29:42AM -0500, Adam Ford wrote:

> Using Git bisect, it appears to me that
> a78cd8613204188991c192b8dae2de0aae3b1722 makes "region `.sram'
> overflowed by 888 bytes" when I compile for omap3_logic.  As I move
> forward through the git commits that overflow amount is continuing to
> grow.
>
> Does anyone else with an OMAP3 have this issue?

The best solution I have for this at current is a patch that re-works
how we use the download image area and compacts the size we reserve for
the scratch area to be still much larger than required.

I'll cc you off-list so you can test it, I put aside testing this when I
couldn't convince my beagleboard classic to boot from SD (but the xM is
fine with it).

--
Tom