[U-Boot] Problem using non-default init files

Thomas Koeller thomas at koeller.dyndns.org
Mon Aug 22 21:29:38 CEST 2016

Hi,

I am trying to build U-Boot for an Avnet MicroZed board with a Zynq7
processor. Needing a customized hardware initialization, I tried to
replace the distributed
'board/xilinx/zynq/MicroZed_hw_platform/ps7_init_gpl.[hc]' files with
the ones produced by the Xilinx tools during creation of the FPGA
design. A PetaLinux system built using the hardware description from
which I took these files runs just fine, so I am as sure as can be that
they are o.k. However, the 'boot.bin' SPL program thus built gets stuck
early during the boot process, before any console output is produced.
One of the LEDs on the RJ45 jack is flashing. If I repeat the build
using the distributed ps7_init_gpl files, everything is fine.

I had expected that I could simply replace the distributed ps7_init_gpl
files with the ones from the actual FPGA design, but this does not seem
to be the case. Is there anything I am missing?

Thomas