[U-Boot] Should MMC drivers use CONFIG_BLK?

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Wed Aug 24 06:26:07 CEST 2016

Hi Masahiro,

On 23 August 2016 at 21:27, Masahiro Yamada
<yamada.masahiro at socionext.com> wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> I was not following the changes in MMC drivers
> added by you.
>
> Recently, I had some time to check those updates
> and convert my driver (drivers/mmc/uniphier-sd.c).
>
> If migration is completed, MMC drivers should use
>   CONFIG_DM_MMC_OPS
>   CONFIG_BLK
>
> correct?

Yes. Mea Culpa. I should have tried to do this in fewer steps.
Designing the CONFIG_BLK migration was quite a challenge...

I have sent patches to enable those two options by default when
CONFIG_DM_MMC is used, but have not had the intestinal fortitude to
apply them yet.

> I want to be sure if I am getting along with
> your DM improvement plan.
>

> --
> Best Regards
> Masahiro Yamada