[U-Boot] qemu and u-boot-console and other ports?

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Fri Dec 2 15:40:27 CET 2016

Hey,

I'm trying to debug adding sh4 and r2dplus support to test.py.  Until my
current round of testing is applied you'll need
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/bundle/trini/fix-sh4-support-v2/ in order
for us to get a functional U-Boot.  After that, I have a "normal" conf
file for the board for QEMU that looks like:
console_impl=qemu
qemu_machine="r2d"
qemu_binary="qemu-system-sh4"
qemu_extra_args="-nographic -serial null -serial mon:stdio"
qemu_kernel_args="-kernel ${U_BOOT_BUILD_DIR}/u-boot.bin"
reset_impl=none
flash_impl=none

And here's where things get funny.  When I kick off test.py with --bd
r2dplus --id qemu --build -s -k sleep it will build and launch the board
and since I have -s I can see stdio and I see U-Boot come up and give me
the prompt, and then test.py says it times out waiting for the prompt.
Any ideas where to poke next?  I want to say something is funny with
respect to what we see and where we see it (in terms of pipes) due to
having to say -serial null -serial mon:stdio so that we see port #2 on
the "board" rather than port #1 as this is the port that U-Boot and
Linux use by default.  Thanks!

--
Tom