[U-Boot] check_config.sh produces false positive error?

Mirza Krak mirza.krak at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 20:52:35 CET 2016

Hi.

Recently a check was added to if new ad-hoc CONFIG options where added
and produced an error. The exact commit is [1].

While building (2016.11) with some out of tree files in include folder
I get the following error:

Build error:
| Error: You must add new CONFIG options using Kconfig
| The following new ad-hoc CONFIG options were detected:
| CONFIG_MENDER_H
|
| Please add these via Kconfig instead. Find a suitable Kconfig
| file and add a 'config' or 'menuconfig' option.

As you can see above that this is not a new configuration option but a
header guard. Probably not the best naming convention here, but still
I wonder if the check_config.sh script should produce errors in cases
like the one above? The common practice in u-boot  is to use _H as
part of a header guard name (as far as I can see at least) so maybe
that should be added to the regexp in check_config.sh?

[1]. http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=commit;h=371244cb19f9804711dd66e4281ff7979915fd2e

Best Regards
Mirza