[U-Boot] [RFC PACH v2 1/1] Add vexpress_aemv8a_aarch32 variant

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Mon Dec 5 20:00:21 CET 2016

On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 06:01:48PM +0000, Ryan Harkin wrote:
> Hi Tom,

[snip]
> At the moment, the BASE_FVP_DRAM version is a clone of the BASE_FVP
> code, just with a different bootcmd.  Now the AARCH32 is another clone
> with CPU_V7 and bootz instead of booti.
>
> I'd be interested to know if there is a better way to handle those
> small variations.  A better structured header than vexpress_aemv8a.h
> would be a good start, of course.

The very new include/environment/ directory would be the place to put
these various environment bits (probably under armltd/) and then you
could probably do something like:
#ifdef CONFIG_ARM64
#define BOARD_BOOTCMD "booti"
#else
#define BOARD_BOOTCMD "bootz"
#endif

#define BOOTCOMMAND "..." \
                    BOARD_BOOTCMD + " $loadaddr - $fdtaddr"

And add some other choice / bools to board/armltd/vexpress/Kconfig to
enable/disable other environment things as needed.

--
Tom