[U-Boot] [GIT PULL] Xilinx and SCSI changes

Michal Simek monstr at monstr.eu
Wed Dec 7 12:21:29 CET 2016

Hi,

On 2.12.2016 15:46, Michal Simek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2.12.2016 15:12, Tom Rini wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 02, 2016 at 02:55:00PM +0100, Michal Simek wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Tom,
>>>
>>> here are some patches I have collected for Xilinx devices, one miiphy
>>> patch and SCSI changes I have made.
>>>
>>> Simon: I have sent v4 of DM_SCSI + ceva sata driver moved to DM which
>>> should go through your tree because you have applied
>>> "dm: blk: Fix get_desc to return block device descriptor"
>>> which is required. They are based on this branch.
>>>
>>> Tom: I have tested also travis with zynq qemu but it looks like a
>>> problem with qemu timing for zynq model. The rest of python tests look
>>> good. https://travis-ci.org/michalsimek-test/u-boot/jobs/180384185
>>> Also for running this I had to use CONFIG_OF_EMBED=y to handle dtb.
>>> Anyway I will talk to Qemu guys what I can do with it and when this
>>> timing issue was solved and which mainline qemu version this requires.
>>> Is there arm64 qemu available too?
>>
>> We have to disable the 'sleep' test on a number of other platforms, you
>> just need to add TEST_PY_TEST_SPEC="not sleep"
>
> ok. Will try.
>

>> For the zynq model, can we not use the -dtb argument to qemu?  Or, how
>> does the device tree get passed along on the real platform?
>
> I was trying it but it didn't work. Will try again next week and will
> refresh my mind on Zynq.

I have looked at it and discussed with our qemu expect (Edgar) and there
is no easy way how to do it with ancient qemu version.
In Qemu 2.8 there will be loader functionality which provides an easy way.

I was briefly checking current qemu targets and they don't use
OF_CONTROL/OF_SEPARATE which based on fdtdec_setup() requires to put dtb
to certain location and there is no way around.

Also qemu expect elf to be loaded not binary that's why we can't use
u-boot-dtb.bin with appended dtb.

The only option I use right now and I know it is working is using
OF_EMBED for zynq_zc702 target and I can add zynq board to travis testing.
The next option is use latest qemu and we can also wire zynqmp platforms.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Michal