[U-Boot] [GIT PULL] Xilinx and SCSI changes

Michal Simek michal.simek at xilinx.com
Fri Dec 9 07:34:05 CET 2016

Hi Tom,

On 8.12.2016 17:04, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 02, 2016 at 02:55:00PM +0100, Michal Simek wrote:
>
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> here are some patches I have collected for Xilinx devices, one miiphy
>> patch and SCSI changes I have made.
>>
>> Simon: I have sent v4 of DM_SCSI + ceva sata driver moved to DM which
>> should go through your tree because you have applied
>> "dm: blk: Fix get_desc to return block device descriptor"
>> which is required. They are based on this branch.
>>
>> Tom: I have tested also travis with zynq qemu but it looks like a
>> problem with qemu timing for zynq model. The rest of python tests look
>> good. https://travis-ci.org/michalsimek-test/u-boot/jobs/180384185
>> Also for running this I had to use CONFIG_OF_EMBED=y to handle dtb.
>> Anyway I will talk to Qemu guys what I can do with it and when this
>> timing issue was solved and which mainline qemu version this requires.
>> Is there arm64 qemu available too?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Michal
>>

>>  The following changes since commit
>> 9ae0e14350758e6447c90615ff4df530549a45e2:
>>
>>    Merge git://www.denx.de/git/u-boot-marvell (2016-12-01 09:24:02 -0500)
>>
>>  are available in the git repository at:
>>

>>    git://www.denx.de/git/u-boot-microblaze.git master
>>
>>  for you to fetch changes up to 861fe6503e205622202a61d3ca86cd4ccb80bf03:
>>
>>    cmd: scsi: Make private functions static (2016-12-02 14:37:32 +0100)
>
> This blows up microblaze-generic, please fix, thanks!

What exactly is the problem?

[u-boot]$ ./tools/buildman/buildman microblaze-generic -b uboot -C -o
/tmp/2 -c 8 -sSedB
boards.cfg is up to date. Nothing to do.
Summary of 8 commits for 1 boards (1 thread, 8 jobs per thread)
01: scsi: Take lun from device block description
02: scsi: Move pccb buffer initalization directly to scsi_detect_dev
03: scsi: Simplify scsi_read/scsi_write()
04: scsi: Remove completely unused functions
05: scsi: Make private functions static
06: scsi: Change scsi_scan() to be able to return value
07: scsi: Separate SCSI private block description initialization
08: cmd: scsi: Make private functions static
(no errors to report)
[u-boot]$ git log --oneline -n 1
861fe6503e20 cmd: scsi: Make private functions static
[u-boot]$

Microblaze is not enabling anything related to SCSI. I have one design
from past
with sata but it was custom project which is not supported in mainline.

Thanks,
Michal