[U-Boot] Rockchip RK3288 regulator device table problem

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Sun Dec 11 21:28:01 CET 2016

Hi Rick,

On 9 December 2016 at 18:12, Rick Bronson <rick at efn.org> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>   How do I enable a particular regulator upon boot?  I have two
> identically set LDO entries:
>
>                         vccio_en: LDO_REG1 {
>                                 regulator-always-on;
>                                 regulator-boot-on;
>                                 regulator-min-microvolt = <3300000>;
>                                 regulator-max-microvolt = <3300000>;
>                                 regulator-name = "vccio_en";
>                                 regulator-state-mem {
>                                         regulator-on-in-suspend;
>                                         regulator-suspend-microvolt = <3300000>;
>                                 };
>                         };
>
>                         vcc33_mic: LDO_REG2 {
>                                 regulator-always-on;
>                                 regulator-boot-on;
>                                 regulator-min-microvolt = <3300000>;
>                                 regulator-max-microvolt = <3300000>;
>                                 regulator-name = "vcc33_mic";
>                                 regulator-state-mem {
>                                         regulator-on-in-suspend;
>                                         regulator-suspend-microvolt = <3300000>;
>                                 };
>                         };
>
>   Yet one is enabled, the other disabled, any idea why?:
>
> => regulator status
> Name                 Enabled            uV         mA Mode
> vccio_en             enabled       3300000          - -
> vcc33_mic            disabled      3300000          - -
>
>   And oddly, the uV values actually don't come from the DT but from
> the rk808_ldo table in drivers/power/regulator/rk808.c

Do you think this is happening by PMIC settings (in the device) rather
than through U-Boot?

>   Any ideas?
>
> Thanks for any help.

There is a function called regulators_enable_boot_on() which enables
all boot-on regulators that have a fixed voltage, but I don't think
that is called with rockchip.

Now that I look at it, I cannot see why I put the voltage values in
the driver. They should come form DT.

>   Rick

Regards,
Simon