[U-Boot] Targets for BeagleBones

Kristian Amlie kristian.amlie at mender.io
Tue Dec 20 09:09:52 CET 2016

I assume that the most appropriate configuration target for BeagleBone
Black is am335x_boneblack_config. But what about BeagleBone White? Up
until now we've been using am335x_evm_config, but are considering
switching to the former.

This discussion started after the commit 80b24fcd3 in U-Boot broke some
MMC compatibility on the BeagleBone Black (specifically, accessing the
internal MMC when holding the button to boot from external MMC). This
was due to the addition of the CONFIG_DM_MMC option. Since this still
works with the am335_boneblack_config target, we're considering the
switch for both boards.

--
Kristian