[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2016.03-rc1 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Tue Feb 2 18:37:33 CET 2016

Hey all,

I've pushed v2016.03-rc1 out to the repository (and I see it) and
tarballs will exist soon in the usual locations.

The merge window is now closed.  I intended to tag and push this on
Monday but got caught up with some other stuff and decided it wouldn't
hurt to just do it today, so here we are.

There's a lot of things in here now but one thing I do want to call
special attention to is that we've changed some of the default targets
now when OF_CONTROL is set.  The full thread can be seen at
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2016-February/244174.html but in
short, when OF_CONTROL is set before we would have u-boot-dtb.img as the
thing which could boot without changes and u-boot.img as the one needing
a device tree added (same with .bin) and now u-boot.img has a device
tree if it should have one and u-boot-nodtb.img is for cases where you
add one in some other way (again, same with .bin).

Thanks all and please report on problems you see and things I need to
pickup (I know I have some stuff in my queue to apply ASAP).

--
Tom