[U-Boot] Issue with USB mass storage (thumb drives)

Schrempf Frieder frieder.schrempf at exceet.de
Thu Feb 4 09:21:08 CET 2016

On 03.02.2016 20:16, Sergei Temerkhanov wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 8:40 AM, Marek Vasut <marex at denx.de> wrote:

> Another thing to try may be limiting the value of USB_MAX_XFER_BLK in
> common/usb_storage.c

This was a really helpful hint! Thank you Sergei!

I just tried to limit USB_MAX_XFER_BLK to 1/8 of the original value
(65535 -> 8191) and this time the transfer works without timeouts.

As we have a customer who needs this working as soon as possible my
question now is how to properly solve this.
Should I generally limit USB_MAX_XFER_BLK in my u-boot to avoid these
errors? Which value to choose?